The Aprilaire 801 is a whole house humidifier with modulating output. This modulating capability allows the unit to meet a tighter relative humidity control for a much more comfortable environment. This model is capable of humidification of up to 6,200 feet and has a maximum steam capacity of 34.6 gallons per day.
This Aprilaire humidifier provides humidity in the form of steam to conditioned space through the HVAC system duct. Adding humidity through steam is an efficient and effective way to solve dry air issues in the home. Air with improper humidity can damage respiratory health as well as the home’s paint, furniture and electronics.
This model generates steam by energizing electrodes that connect to water in a disposable canister. To modulate this steam output, a modulating control must be used. Proper water level in the canister is maintained through cooperating drain and fill valves.
Remote and duct mounted options are available for this Aprilaire whole house humidifier. In addition, maintenance is also easy with no cleaning or scrubbing! All that is required is for the canister to be removed and replaced. Plus, water filtration is never required for the operation of this digital humidifier.
- One high capacity unit can provide between 11.5 and 34.6 gallons per day
- Electrode-type humidifier generates steam by energizing two electrodes that extend into the steam canister
- Current flowing between the electrodes causes the water to boil, creating steam
- The Model 801 accepts a modulating input signal of 0-10 Vdc, 0-20mA, 2-10 Vdc, or 4-20mA
- Internal control board manages the complete operation of the humidifier
- This board fills and drains to maintain proper amperage draw, water level and notifies when service is required
- Remote and duct mounted options
- Steam dispersion tube, steam hose and drain tube included in the box
- Fan Pack option also available
- Steam dispersion technology ensures proper absorption of steam into the air, preventing condensation in duct
- Display panel provides power switch for on/off operation, illuminates LEDs to show fill, drain, steam operations, and diagnostics
- Water level sensor manages the water level in the steam canister to prevent over filling
- Back flow protection from air gap in the fill cap prevents pressure build up
- Unit automatically flushes and fills periodically to maintain the proper conductivity
- Unit uses cold inlet water to temper the canister water reducing the drain water temperature below 140°F to protect PVC piping and condensation pumps
- End-of-season drain after a 72-hour period with no call for humidity causes the humidifier to drain the water from the canister. Unit will remain in stand-by until next call for humidification
- Operating time monitor accumulates actual humidifier run time to activate periodic drain and fill cycles, end-of-season drain function and monitors the life of canister
- No cleaning or scrubbing, simply remove canister to maintain and then replace the canister
- Steam capacity adjustment is accomplished by using a dip switch