Goodman Heat Pump
Goodman Heat Pump Reviews and Prices 2021 – The Good & Bad
In the following Goodman Heat Pump Review we’ll dig into the good qualities and also the bad qualities. We’ll even give you a breakdown of what the costs are for a Goodman Heat Pump System. Let’s dive right in!
Get A Local Fully-Installed HVAC Price Online – in Seconds!
Who is Goodman?
Harold V. Goodman started it all off in 1954 in the exploding city of Houston, Texas. Deciding to become an air conditioning contractor and create his own company. Harold could not have timed it better, launching his company right in the middle of a huge industrial upswing in a city that in time, would become one of Americas largest cities. Not only did Harold’s company take off, his company became one of the most successful HVAC contracting companies in the United States. Goodman became a member of Daikin in 2012. Daikin Industries, Ltd. A global Fortune 1000 company Is a worldwide leader in residential and commercial HVAC.
Goodman Heat Pump Reviews
Why are Goodman Heat Pumps Good?
Goodman is investing in quality and the skilled labor force of the United States. While many manufacturers have moved production of systems outside of the United States in an effort to save money. Goodman has made it a point to separate themselves from the industry in this aspect. With the creation of a new 4.2 million square foot, state-of-the-art HVAC manufacturing plant in Houston, Texas.
This allowing Goodman to achieve engineering, logistics, customer service and manufacturing all under one giant roof. Therefore allowing Goodman to put money in the pockets of hard-working Americans, meanwhile having next level capabilities in design and customer service all taking place on American soil. Goodman truly believes in American dependability, all systems are designed, assembled and engineered in the U.S.A.
- Overall Positive Customer Service: Compared to the industry, Goodman makes a significant effort to be known for better customer service. A very common review issue within the industry is the lack of customer service throughout all the manufacturers. Many people complain of insensitive responses from manufacturers. Many reviews claim that after a unit is sold the consumer feels a disconnect and lack of help the second a payment is made. Consumers claim that when an issue arises and a warranty claim does have to be made many companies are not exactly the easiest to work with on those claims. Goodman really has made it a point to do the best job they can to keep customer relations a positive and warranty claims an easy, smooth process. Reality is if your dealing with warranty issues those issues are not the consumer’s fault. The process to fix a unit you paid good money for, should not be a burden to a consumer. That’s how Goodman sees it. For being such a large company, Goodman truly does have the better customer service in the industry. But you have to remember no one is perfect and Goodman is an enormous company so of course cases are going to come up where people are not pleased. But let’s face it, facts are its always going to be impossible to please everyone. Goodman even maintains a Better Business Bureau A+ rating. This is based on 16 performance factors reflecting Goodman’s ability to work with homeowners and promptly handle questions, and issues.
- Lower Heat Pump Prices: If your in the market for a system that does not break the bank, however at the same time not sacrificing quality Goodman has a system to fit your needs. Goodman is considered a more practical manufacturer within the industry. Now you have to remember these are going to be a more basic system than something like a Carrier Infinity system. But you have to remember the more high tech gadgets your system has, the better chance you have at one of those systems fail. Goodman heat pumps are workhorses, they are constructed to simply perform day after day while offering an affordable option to consumers.
- Better Warranty: Each Goodman residential system comes loaded with warranty opportunity. In January 2005 Goodman became the only HVAC manufacturer to offer a lifetime compressor limited warranty and lifetime heat exchanger limited warranty. Goodman takes pride in the systems they create and back that. On top of that Goodman also offers 10 year parts limited warranty and an optional 10-year unit replacement limited warranty available for some units. To revive any warranties you qualify for, online registration is required 60 days upon the installation date. Many certified Goodman contarctors offer a 10 year parts and 10 year labor warranty standard, as they believe in the sturdy construction and long lasting operation of an American made heat pump.
Why are Goodman Heat Pumps Bad?
Goodman has been at the forefront of the Direct to Consumer distribution model of HVAC equipment. Goodman has always kept the consumer in mind, with a particular focus of delivering the most reliable, but lowest cost heat pump system. Any homeowner can go on Amazon and purchase a new Goodman Heat Pump without needing to have a contractor license and have it delivered right to their home. The major drawback to this is that tons of DIY savy homeowners made a lot of mistakes trying to install these systems. This lead to a tarnishing of the Goodman brand name among many contractors who said Goodman sold out the industry. This is absolutely false, Goodman simply changed with technology and consumer habits.
- Compressor Failure Issues- Upon taking a look at Goodman reviews as a whole. The most common issue that people seem to be vocal about is the failure of the compressor. Most of these reviews claim 6-8 years after installation some compressors are failing. That is just something that should not take place during that period of time. An explanation for this can be found, however. Around 2011-2012 Goodman had a large batch of faulty manufactured compressors get put in systems. 8 years down the road these problems are now starting to materialize. However, you have to remember Goodman does have a limited lifetime Compressor warranty if the time is taken to register the unit upon installation. So Goodman does have your back in this situation. Now a percentage of these reviews about compressors claim immediate failure within days of installation. The problem with these reviews are the fact in those situations particularly typically when that takes place it is because of something to do with installation error. Not in all cases, but you have to consider DIY homeowners who attempted to install their own units when reading reviews.
- No Super High-Efficiency Heat Pump System: Goodman has a line up of great systems at amazing prices, one can’t really argue that fact. Problem is you are limited to pretty much two models of heat pumps being the GSZ and DSZ and three different SEER ratings. that SEER rating maxing out at 18 SEER. Unfortunately if your a Goodman fanboy and in the market to upgrade to a super efficient 20 SEER + unit you are out of luck. It would be nice to see Goodman launch a top of the line 20 SEER unit that can compare to something like the Carrier Infinity 20. In a way, it is a hole in Goodman’s market. If somehow Goodman were to put out a 20 SEER system that beats competitor prices they could change the super high-efficiency market. This is something some loyal Goodman customers and contractors would love to see.
How Long Do Goodman Heat Pumps Last?
Goodman heat pumps life expectancy on average is around 11-15 years. Many factors can boost or hinder how long the system will last. Below are a few things to keep in mind to make sure you get a full life out of your heat pump.
- Proper Installation: We can not preach proper installation enough when it comes to how long a heat pump will last. Following the manufactures guidelines such as proper refrigerant lines sizing, precise refrigerant levels adequate duct sizing and installing a properly sized unit for the home have a huge impact on life expectancy.
- Routine Maintenance: The last thing you want to hear after spending thousands of dollars on a new heat pump system is that routine maintenance is required. You see heat pumps have many parts inside that will wear out over time such as a capacitor and contactor. This is normal around year 7-9. If neglected a failure of these two parts can cause damage to the compressor, and end up causing a catastrophic failure. Routine maintenance can also look out for pesky rodent damage to any of the wires inside of the heat pump.
Goodman Heat Pump Models
Goodman makes a wide range of economical heat pumps and also high efficient units. Here is a breakdown of the models and what features each model has to offer.
- Goodman GSZ14: Single-Stage Compressor: The standard entry level heat pump from Goodman. Energy efficiencies up to 15 SEER and 9 HSPF. Powder coated outdoor cabinet and composite base pan which dampens sound and eliminates corrosion.
- Goodman GSZ16: Single-Stage Compressor: Energy efficiencies up to 16 SEER and 9 HSPF. Powder coated outdoor cabinet and composite base pan which dampens sound and eliminates corrosion. Qualifies for energy rebates in some states.
- Goodman GSZC16: Two-Stage Compressor: Energy efficiencies up to 16 SEER and 9.2 HSPF. Quieter operation and the two-stage compressor provides a more even temperature balance in your home.
- Goodman GSC18: Two-Stage Compressor: Energy efficiencies up to 195 SEER and 10 HSPF. Controlled by Comfort Bridge technology, which automatically controls the equipment to deliver peak energy efficiency at all times, under any operation climates.
Goodman heat pump prices are in the lower range of brands currently in the market. We rank them a very good buy and a reliable choice. Below are the costs of what an average contractor will pay for a new Goodman heat pump. The prices listed below do not include the installation/labor price.
What a contractor pays for a Goodman Heat Pump
Need to find a Goodman heat pump dealer near you?
We can help you find a certified Goodman heat pump dealer near you. Simply drop us an email and we will reach out with a solution.
Get A Local Fully-Installed HVAC Price Online – in Seconds!
HVAC System Cost & HVAC Reviews