GSX16 AC CONDENSER :: OVERVIEW
Goodman has always set its goals at superior comfort at a high efficiency, all the while balancing the unit’s cost. The GSX16 is no exception, with its durability, reliability, and one of the highest efficiencies available.
- 1.5 – 5 ton capacities, 16 SEER AC-only condenser
- Fully charged for up to 15′ of line set
- Low sound output
- Factory-installed filter drier
The GSX16 condenser is designed to be up to 16 SEER in ideal system configurations. Considered a high-efficiency, 16 SEER is around 12% more efficient than a 14 SEER system, saving you a lot of money in energy bills. 16 SEER efficiency ratings tend to be where cost meets efficiency, and is normally the best value for the efficiency.
The GSX16 condenser comes with Goodman’s standard 10 year parts warranty with online registration through the manufacturer. An installation that follows your state and local codes is required for the warranty to be upheld.
Durability and Reliability
The cabinet of Goodman’s condensers are manufactured out of heavy-gauge galvanized-steel with a baked-on painted finish that is approved for 500 hours of salt spray. The durable cabinet of the GSX16 is also compliant with 2010 Florida building code integrity requirements for hurricane-strength weather.
Installation and Maintenance
For easier maintenance, Goodman designed the GSX16’s cabinet with two maintenance access panels: one on the top and one on the side. For easier installation, the GSX16 is made with easy-access gauge ports and service valves with sweat connections. Both of these lower installation and maintenance times and costs, keeping money in your pocket for the things you care about most.
Comfort in Mind
Superior comfort has always been the primary goal for Goodman. The GSX16 follows this goal, made with high-quality parts and even designed to have one of the lowest sound outputs on the market, thanks to superior sound-dampening and insulation technology. All of this makes you comfortable and lowers your bills while staying in-budget.
Goodman CAPFA1818B6 AC Coil
- All-Aluminum Coil
- Goodman’s evaporator coils use a reliable all-aluminum design featuring sine fins and grooved tubes. This design maximizes surface area and optimizes heat transfer for efficient comfort.
- Secure Cabinet
- A galvanized, embossed, and insulated cabinet protects this coil and prevents air leakage, providing superior longevity and efficiency.
- Condensate Management
- The CAPFA features foil-faced insulation to inhibit the formation of condensate and a rust-resistant thermoplastic drain pan to capture what does form, keeping your system safe and operational.
- Multi-Refrigerant Compatibility
- R-22 refrigerant is no longer in production, but many older systems still use it. The CAPFA is compatible with both R-22 and its replacement, R-410A. This makes it the perfect fit for any homeowner.
- Extended Warranty
- Goodman offers a 10-year limited parts warranty when you register your product online within 60 days of installation. An unregistered product has the standard 5-year warranty. See warranty sheet under the “Manuals” tab for more information.